Thursday, August 26, 2010

Moonlight Madness


We just had an amazing baltimore bicycling event. It's called the Moonlight Madness Memorial bike ride. I'm not sure who it's in memory of, but I assume it's someone who was killed in a bicycle accident. The idea is perfect - get about 100 bicyclists together and just ride around the city. It shows everyone that there are many of us out here who ride on city streets and basically raises awareness and allows us all to have fun at the same time. Part of the route went through East Baltimore, which some of my friends thought was a really bad idea because of the crime, but it turned out fantastic. I rode some streets I'd never riden before and since there was so many of us there was really no danger. There were a lot of kids outside waving at us and stuff. It was a great ride overall.

Here's the website that had all the information:

Here's the route we took:

I took some pictures with my iPhone and posted them on my flickr here:



No comments:

Post a Comment